- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) match and more!
Consultants in the practitioner practice at GrowthPlay are integral members of a fast paced, collaborative, and energized team working to produce meaningful and measurable business and professional outcomes for themselves and clients, which include lawyers, accountants, wealth advisors and other professional services providers. Our work spans helping clients improve their ability to transform themselves and their organizations' business development practices. We offer innovative consulting, coaching, and training for individuals with business development responsibility. Our team members utilize their excellent instinct, experience, and care combined with uncommon communication and problem solving skills, creativity, attention to detail, and organizational acumen to achieve superior results.
This position is responsible for assisting on a wide variety of client facing projects. In a client facing role, the consultant may be assigned to coach, train or assist with consulting engagements as directed by a senior partner.
• Lead business development training workshops for practitioners at all levels
• Coach practitioners 1-1 or in small groups on business development
• Conduct interviews with practitioners and practitioner clients and analyze/synthesize insights to make recommendations
• Create first draft of deliverables for review, in client-ready format and style with high attention to detail
• Create and update project plans
• Serve as day-to-day client contact for projects, or as appropriate to role on project
• Respond to client and team needs in a timely manner while exhibiting authenticity, emotional intelligence and humility in all interactions
• Contribute to practice's thought leadership initiatives in collaboration with the team
• Manage own time, meet deadlines, and escalate issues to Managing Directors as needed
• 7+ years of experience in business development consulting, training, and/or coaching with lawyers or other professional service practitioners
• Bachelors degree required
• Experience working as part of a team and independently
• Willingness to adapt to changing work and environment
• Travel up to 70% during peak times
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint